Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Oyster’s Dream

I was riding a ship by the sea,
A sea with no ends even after I made a million pleas.

I knew that this ride was an endless one,
Since the language I spoke was understood by none.

When suddenly one day when I thought I had dreamed,
When suddenly an oyster shook and screamed.

And there from the gloomy darkness of the sea,
I understood for sure that the heavens had heard my plea.

The oyster broke and out came a girl,
Calling herself by the name of ______.

Smiling and simple by love she swore,
Cooling the heat of my burning stove.

Riding the chariot of happiness into my heart,
She didn’t know the end but always knew the start.

Epitome of patience and modesty she screamed,
Without saying a word in my mutant dreams.

Hundreds and thousands I met in this world; that is old,
Yet never saw an oyster made of gold.

She had the vison to touch the sky,
Yet the horizon rose every time that she would fly.

Her belief in Karma made her stand,
Everytime she slipped in the drowning sand.

Resolute and determined with every slip,
Thirsty for the nectar of knowledge even in the confines of the ship.

Her words of silence mean always more,
That there are infinite toys in the nature’s store.

Principles and values were the will of God she said,
In her I saw my God instead.

How did I not believe in God I persist,
When people like her continue to exist.

Illuminating the dark shore she came,
Putting even the brightest stars to shame.

I didn’t want her to keep her pure feet on the shore,
For I was afraid of what the land had in store.

“With my hope and audacity” she said,
I will make this land look like the sea instead.

For goodness was her message as the word of God,
Not to be hidden from the worldly sword.

Money is not the only thing in life,
For all of us, on success who strive.

I request her God, “why can’t there be some more,
Speaking this language beside the shore.”

I await my answer from the good old lord,
What suddenly scares me is her time to get back on board.

I realise in my folly that time is not divine,
That there can be only one whom I can call as mine.

When suddenly the Tao tells me you know,
That the answer to this is inside my flow.

Do what you want; get what you get,
Dont ask me, but ask her hand instead.

I awoke on the ship beside a stream,
Awaiting the answer from “MY OYSTER’S DREAM.”


Yours Truly,
NAME: The Jilted Lover
SIGN: The Woman of my Dreams
DATE: 4TH September 2009, Friday 6:00pm

4 comments:

  1. That was very moving, my friend! Your work on this blog suggests to me that you'd make a good writer if you ever wished to pursue such a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete